Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(27-Jul-2019, 13:16)mdconnelly Wrote:
(27-Jul-2019, 09:15)NickB Wrote: Its funny that nowadays everything has to be done by return of email.

The continued silence from Roon support seems a little odd don't you think.

I am also quite puzzled by Roon's silence.   My guess is that they don't want to bad mouth Devialet, but that's only a guess.   Roon's last post on the subject was from John at Roon about a month ago...

"Devialet is aware of an issue affecting the ethernet networking performance of the Expert Pro in certain scenarios. This issue is not related to the Roon Ready/RAAT protocol in any way. We suspect that users see this issue most often with Roon Ready streaming because it uses more bandwidth than Devialet Air or other protocols.

Once we have received an update from Devialet on the status of this issue, we will be sure to update this thread."

Given recent discussions with Mathieu Pernot, I suspect it'll be quite awhile before that update occurs.   Still, I think Roon can be more forthcoming as to why/how some users do not seem to experience the problem at all.
Here's my two-cents:
-- Roon can't replicate the problem but believes it might be bandwidth issue with Devialet devices.  They have had some communications with Devialet but strongly believe it's in their court, as other Roon Ready devices apparently don't have the same issue.
-- Having worked for a French company for 16 years, and having lived in France for five years with the same company, I believe I know a little about how some French companies operate.  I have to be careful here not to make broad generalizations but here goes: There is a general reluctance to admit a problem until a resolution is found.  Once the resolution has been found, voilà! Compare that with, say, Roon, which will admit there is a problem and indicate they are working on it.  Compound that issue with the fact that Devialet hasn't been able to isolate the problem!  What we have here is a a classic cultural business issue.  And then there is the annual leave in late July/August layered on top!
Again, this is my take.  I don't wish to disparage French companies but merely to provide an observation on my experience.  Others may have a different take.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Flashman - 27-Jul-2019, 13:38