Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(04-Aug-2019, 20:59)David A Wrote: No idea how many people have the problem but consider:

- Currently 4304 members on this forum

- There is a thread devoted to this issue (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ing-slowly) that has been running since 14 February, almost 6 months now, with 279 posts to date.

So, with 4304 members we've got 279 posts in a bit under 6 months and nearly everyone in that thread has posted more than once, often multiple times. If we assume that the average number of posts in that thread from people with the problem is 5 (I suspect that it may be higher), then we may have around 60 or so members out of 4304 reporting the problem. Some respondents have reported that they don't have the problem including some who have posted more than once, That indicates the number of people with the problem is only a small percentage of this forum's total membership.

What we don't know is how many members are using Roon and of those members how many are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR.

If we go to the Roon forum thread on this issue (https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f.../62008/128) which started on the same day as the thread here, we've got 126 posts over the same period and, once again, most people who have posted in that thread have posted multiple times.

What we don't know on that thread is how many Devialet owners post on the Roon forums and how many of them are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR but more than a few who post on that thread are also posting on this forum (same monikers).

And what we also don't know is how many people in total, including those who don't post on either forum) own a Devialet with the CI board and are using Roon and getting the problem.

At a rough guess without wasting half an hour or so going through and counting the actual posters who have reported the problem on either or both of those threads I'd say we've got at most 100 people who have reported the problem on one or both of those 2 threads. That's not a high number but, as I said, we don't know how many Deviaet owners have CI board Devialet's and are using Roon RAAT..

We also don't know how many people with the problem haven't reported it on either forum because they aren't members of either forum.

All I can say from looking at the numbers of posts in the threads dedicated to this issue here and on the Roon forum is that a low number of people are reporting the problem and that would tend to indicate that Roon's claim that most Devialet users are not experiencing the problem.

To quote an old joke line "I think we have a lack of information but I have nothing to base that opinion on".

I used to use raat with wifi, don’t remember has any problem, most of the time is ok.

Messages In This Thread
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by PeppaPig - 05-Aug-2019, 15:22