Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(05-Aug-2019, 16:14)mdconnelly Wrote: When John at Roon stated that most Roon/Devialet users don’t experience this problem, what was not indicated was how many users stream hi-res content using RAAT over a gigabit network.  I suspect that’s not as big a percentage as we might think.  Whatever the answer (assuming they even know), it doesn’t seem to be enough to raise the issue to a level of urgency.

I think you are right.

Since the 6,5 years of my Devialet Journey, I got hardened and find other solutions to go along with, e.g.

1. At D170 times, I used JRMC and AIR for video -  working perfect, Lipsync, SQ fantastic. Since the AIR problems arrived I had switched to HDMI (AQ Carbon - originally AQ Pearl - what a big difference!) to TV and connect the TV with the optical input of the D220Pro with AQ Carbon optical. From SQ PoV it is in some cases better and in some cases AIR was better sounding. But I am used to HDMI/optical now for video playback.

2. For Audio  I uses Roon RAAT and JRMC/AIR and with a managed switch I got it working. But I would expect that there are many people out there who use USB and/or Aurender/Melco etc.. and they don't need AIR or Roon RAAT.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Manfred - 05-Aug-2019, 18:45