Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a direct connection between a Roon Nucleus and a Devialet Expert Pro.
I have no idea but in general I don't like converters.

What's being described here is a way of creating 2 network connections to a Nucleus or NUC. so you can stream to a Devialet via ethernet without passing the signal through a network switch or router. What you're asklng about is something very different, how to convert a signal from one sort of output on your source to something that can use a different type of input on the Devialet. There's a different type of conversion going on. You're converting an asynchronous signal to a synchronous one and you're dealing with a signal that is being transmitted in real time. What the method being discussed in this thread is about is a signal that isn't being transmitted as an audio signal in real time, it's being transmitted as a data signal in packets using a network protocol and those packets have to be processed and reassembled to create the audio stream which goes to the DAC.

What you're asking about is completely different to what's being discussed here and I've never tried to do anything like what you're asking about, in fact I've never seen what you're asking about being discussed. If no one is discussing it, I'd say there's aa fair chance that's because it's not a particularly good idea so I'd say don't bother trying something like that, just use a USB connection and keep things as simple as possible.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a direct connection between a Roon Nucleus and a Devialet Expert Pro. - by David A - 21-Jul-2019, 22:26