Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert boots up as 2.0 when 2.1 seems enabled
Antoine! Thank you! Great suggestions... They didn't work, but they sent me in a productive direction.

My D-Premier is updated to include Ethernet (and USB), and I have only two inputs configured: Phono and Ethernet. The problem seems to be that the Configurator doesn't think my model — a D-Premier with Ethernet input — exists.

I have the unit set to boot up in the last-used input, which is usually Ethernet. But there is no Ethernet input in the dp_cfg file generated by the Configurator, and so, when booting, the D-Premier never asks, essentially: "When I boot up with the Ethernet input selected, what's the sub configuration?" That's because there is NO such input in the dp_cfg file, because the Configurator doesn't know there's an Ethernet input — and therefore, the "sub_preout_active" parameter (which the Configurator sets either "true" or "false" for *each input independently*) doesn't exist.

I'm pretty confident this is the problem, because, as I suspected, if the last-used input is Phono, and the D-Premier is shut down and then boots into the Phono input, the _sub_preout_active parameter is ON, as it should be.

Does that make sense?

So I'm pretty confident I've found the problem thanks to your help (!), but the question is what to do. I'm wondering if there is a different model for which I could generate a configuration file and use it — the D200? D250?

Alternately, I'm wondering if I can modify the dp_cfg file to include another input, the "Ethernet" input. It's just a text file, and I wonder if I could copy another input's parameters and then modify the two parameters — sub_preout_active and subsonic_filter (or whatever it is). I can't imagine that would mess anything up (I assume I could just revert to a "proper" improper D-Premier config file), but if you have any other info, it would be helpful and I'd be in your debt even further.

Thanks for reading all this, and for your help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expert boots up as 2.0 when 2.1 seems enabled - by phantomtides - 28-May-2019, 14:23