Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to connect REL subwoofer to Devialet 200
What @sam1000 said, you can play with the frequency but 70 or 80 Hz sounds good.

On the REL, ruse the top 1/LFE Input. It disables the sub's crossover setting and lets the amp control the crossover. I forgot about that option with RELs when I wrote my earlier response. You adjust the level dial next to it to balance the sub's level plus try both positions on the phase switch, the one which gives the loudest result is the one to use.

The delay setting in the Devialet sub settings is for correcting for differences in distance to the listening position for the sub and speakers. Quick and very dirty rule: for each 1 foot further away the sub is than the speakers are, add 1 millisecond delay. You can't add a negative delay if the sub is closer than the speakers but don't worry about that if the sub is only a foot or two closer. You may need to add a little bit more delay as well, up to an additional 3 or 4 milliseconds, because all of that amp circuitry in the sub adds a little time delay of its own but the only way to work that out is by experimentation. You may be making a few new config files while you get the delay setting correct.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best way to connect REL subwoofer to Devialet 200 - by David A - 02-Jun-2019, 20:47