Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MiniDSP SHD Studio
yeah I'm considering the miniDSP SHD Studio too after watching the same clip earlier...

what I'm worreid about though is I'm thinking of swapping my Auralic Aries (femto) for the miniDSP Studio and am worried that the room correction isnt going to be good enough to offset the drop in sound quality from my current gear.

Hans was previously running a SoTM 200 which I've also had in my system, and definately was a bottle neck... no idea why he runs that in his reference-1 system.

I guess the benefit of the SHD Studio over the analogue enabled version (plain SHD) is that you could in theory upgrade the PSU as its external, whereby the more expensive one is internal (cant be upgraded) and there's measurements online that show that PSU generates a lot of noise and jitter ... which to me is the death of digital audio enjoyment.

Problem is to upgrade to a linear psu etc for the SHD Studio just adds more cost, 50%-100% of the value of the unit itself... hmm tough call, wish miniDSP offered some sort of 30 day no questions asked, money back trial offer etc wouldnt hesitate for a second then

Messages In This Thread
MiniDSP SHD Studio - by sam1000 - 07-Jun-2019, 06:44
RE: MiniDSP SHD Studio - by ogs - 07-Jun-2019, 13:22
MiniDSP SHD Studio - by martynbaker1 - 07-Jun-2019, 18:54
RE: MiniDSP SHD Studio - by petersv - 05-Jul-2019, 15:31