Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Phantom Gold - valve like treble
(22-Jun-2019, 09:00)Jamington2004 Wrote: I guess Devialet have their styling and marketing to blame for the impression a lot of people have. Plus most of the reviews out there are for single speakers and in computer / gadget  magazines

I agree that Devialet carry a lot of blame for not marketing the stereo pair enough; seems like an after thought.  There are not many reviews that look at the stereo pair.  The third problem is the retailer.  Most have a single one, my auditon was tucked into a corner.  When I asked the shop that I bought from why there was no stereo setup, the answer was that they had one, but customers usually look for one, which points back to poor Devialet's marketing.

Back to topic, previously I had a valve preamp feeding active speakers.  The valves added warmth.  The Golds provide a similar sound but with a superb sound stage.  The pair of Golds are set up on stands and positioned correctly in room and running Minimserver with convolution.  I despair when I see photos of Phantoms sitting on a bench, table or tucked into a corner which do not allow them to shine.  Another fail for Devialet's marketing...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold - valve like treble - by Snoopy8 - 22-Jun-2019, 12:10