Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near disaster with Devialet configurator
I just had a bad experience with a configuration error on my 440pro.

I made anew configuration for master and companion so I could use a line input on the companion for a CD player.

I set it all up and loaded the new configuration in both master and slave. I played a couple of CDs through the line input on the companion.

Then I started some music from Roon. Immediately I had music at what sounded like maximum volume from the right speaker, companion side, only. I grabbed the volume control and I had to keep turning it down, I got to minus 92dB before it was at anywhere near a low level.

Strangely the display was showing SAM as active when I’d disabled it in the configurator.

Has Devialet broken the configurator or something?

I feared that I had blown the left speaker. I turned the main power off to the Devialet and then loaded my previous configuration files. I turned the volume right down to the minimum before I played something from Roon again. It seems ok, but I’d like to know what went wrong here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus

Messages In This Thread
Near disaster with Devialet configurator - by disarmamant - 29-Jun-2019, 14:28