Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Companion or Without Companion?
(30-Jun-2019, 22:17)audio_engr Wrote: I had the 400 that was sent for upgrades to a 440-Pro CI. I haven't got down to trying the slave unit's inputs as I use RCA-XLR digital LINK. 

Am I to assume that when they upgraded my 400 (200-Master + 200-Companion) to a 440-Pro CI, it became [220-Pro X 2] ?

I can think of 2 ways to find out. The simplest is simply to ask Devialet but since they modified their product line and now only make 3 amp models, the 140, 220, and 250 with the 210, 440, and 1000 simply being pairs of those 3 models. It doesn't make sense to think that both amps are anything else but 220 Pros. 

There are 2 ways I can think of testing this hypothesis yourself. One is to swap your config cards between amps so the master becomes the companion and the companion becomes the master. That should work identically to your current arrangement with no differences at all if both are 220 Pros.

The other way is simply to disconnect the link, remove the config card from each amp, and start them up in factory configuration. Then use a long press on the remote tone control button in order to display the second set of info displays and see what the display on each amp reports for each model. Each amp should show as a 220 Pro in factory configuration mode.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Companion or Without Companion? - by David A - 01-Jul-2019, 10:31