Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll.
(11-Jul-2019, 00:35)RebelMan Wrote:
(10-Jul-2019, 11:04)Pim Wrote: Mac mini's are quite overpriced nowadays. I have one but if i were to need to replace it I'd go dedicated streamer. The price difference isn't that large anymore.

Indeed, they have skyrocketed and I agree with you but if you live in an Apple centric ecosystem you may have to consider the impact to that as well.

I live in an "Apple centric ecosystem": Mac Mini desktop computer, iPhone, iPads, Apple TV, and I use a Roon Nucleus+ for my server. Absolutely no problems in an Apple ecosystem. I simply connected the Nucleus+ by ethernet and the Mac Mini could see it immediately. I download music purchases to the Mac Mini, open the zip files, and do a drag and drop copy of the files to the SSD in the Nucleus+. I use Roon's iOS app to control streaming and use a browser interface for managing Roon OS updates and other server OS related issues. I previously used an Antipodes DS in exactly the same way. It's 2 years now since I stopped using my Mac Mini as a server and I have had no problems in an Apple centric ecosystem and no regrets about replacing the Mac Mini as a server.

I can't see that there's any impact to consider if you're using Apple gear.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by BoyScout - 06-Jul-2019, 19:51
Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by ruivilar - 06-Jul-2019, 23:14
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Stino - 10-Jul-2019, 09:42
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Stino - 11-Jul-2019, 16:48
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by Pim - 10-Jul-2019, 11:04
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by David A - 11-Jul-2019, 03:14
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 13:28
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 16:30
RE: Mac Mini vs Innuos Mini MK ll. - by thumb5 - 11-Jul-2019, 16:31