Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much amplifier power do you really need?
(08-Jul-2019, 00:56)RebelMan Wrote:
(07-Jul-2019, 17:42)Jim_Anderson Wrote: I believe I will see the Harbeth's truly shine with the D1000 and look forward to that day.  

Your Harberth’s will truly shine with any Devialet (if power is your concern).  The D1000 is mostly for bragging rights and/or lost hearing.  So be careful playing at those high levels for very long.  At 95dB hearing damage can occur in 60 minutes and remember it’s cumulative.

LOL

Thank you RebelMan,  

I'm 68 years old and survived the 70's. I do know what I've gained in audio quality as I've moved up through Devialet offerings.  

Have I lost some of my hearing - most definitely BUT ... I can still hear a beautiful women moan, wind whispering through trees when I off road camping, hear trout surface, take a fly and burp.   

Do I play a lot of music - most definitely.  Do I have an excellent library of vinyl and cd's - most definitely.  

When I play a wonderful piece of music and it gets the feet a tapping, I have no hesitation is cranking to 11.  My current configuration and the Harbeths 40.1's are truly a wonderful combination.  On any of the Devialet platforms - Harbeth's perform exceptionally.  I am sure Harbeth owners would agree Devialet/Harbeth are a good marriage.  

What I've gotten in moving up in the horse power range is more clarity - not limited to but predominantly with the lower registers.  When the dial is turned to the left, the music isn't getting louder - its bringing out hidden gems in harmonics, voicing, transients. 

So Mr RebelMan, as for the Devialet D1000 - you and I will have to disagree on it being a bragging rights thing.  I am very fortunate to have my current system. Is it the best - hell no, but it makes this old soul happy and for that I'm quite thankful.

Regards, Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much amplifier power do you really need? - by Jim_Anderson - 08-Jul-2019, 04:03