Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much amplifier power do you really need?
@Confused

I have some memories of reading that thread back in 2016, that was a few months after I bought my 130 (now a 140). Back then a lot of that discussion went over my head because I was so new to the Devialet range. I certainly have no memory of Ian's mention of "infinite power" in that thread and I have a definite feeling that I saw that comment quoted in a much more recent post somewhere here, but perhaps not in this thread.

I've read Ian's write-ups on the Oxford Audio events each year since then with increasing interest and awareness and if I had to make one comment about his write-ups I'd say that it's a real shame that we seem to get more info from Ian after these conversations with Devialet people than we do from Devialet themselves in the months between each event. Ian has been doing a wonderful job each year at these events and much of what he has been doing is a role I think we should have been seeing Devialet do for themselves. I've a lot to be grateful to Ian for his diligence over the years since I bought my 130 in 2016.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much amplifier power do you really need? - by David A - 12-Jul-2019, 09:44