Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much amplifier power do you really need?
(26-Aug-2019, 23:39)RebelMan Wrote: ...
Architecturally speaking, the Expert Pros are identical and so they should sound the same for a given SPL that does not breach the capabilities the weakest amplifier, the D140 in this case.  I say "should sound" because people have varying opinions about what they hear.  But what they hear has no baring on what is, the Expert Pros are in fact the same.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that two different amplifiers should sound the same because they have the same specifications, design, etc., but what people actually hear is what matters.  This is not an academic exercise to "spot the difference" between amplifiers, it's about a subjective experience.

Speaking as someone who has heard pretty much the whole of the Devialet Expert/Pro range, in my own room with no pressure or advice from people you dismiss as "jokers", I've chosen the one that gives me the best sound quality.  I feel no urge to talk condescendingly about your choice so perhaps you'd show me (and others) the same courtesy.

Enough said, from my point of view.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much amplifier power do you really need? - by thumb5 - 27-Aug-2019, 01:00