Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand-alone/self-hosted configuration
(04-Jan-2015, 17:57)thumb5 Wrote: It's not the screen-candy nature of the current configurator that I'm wary of, although it might be responsible for some of the buggy behaviour. The concern for me is that without Devialet's good grace, in whatever form it takes, there would be no way to generate a new non-default configuration for my equipment. So if I wanted to change my wi-fi access point, use speakers with different filter characteristics (or SAM, for that matter), etc., I'd be stuck...

minor changes like changing ur wifi SSID or password can be easily achieved using a text editor application to edit the config file accordingly.

the same can apply to all other complex changes if one is to understand the full structure of the text file of the config(s). To achieve that one has to have one configuration with all inputs enabled and all features activated and another one exactly the opposite with almost everything turned off and all features deactivated plus a third default configuration file. parsing the three files as simple text would ideally enable us to understand the structure of the file and edit directly as text without the need of the graphical front end of the configurator.

example:

In a stereo mode the unit will have a line like that

"_hasSlave": false,

now if you one would want to turn this into a master unit in a dual mono setup the first thing to do is edit the line to read

"_hasSlave": true,

and so ...
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stand-alone/self-hosted configuration - by amabrok - 04-Jan-2015, 18:11