Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono stage hiss - Measurements
I would like to put my two cents in.

With all my due respect, I really don’t understand the “added value” of this discussion.

Vinyl and 0101 sources of music are two different things, coming from two different eras, having two different tastes.

If somebody says that: “Devialet is doing very well with streaming sources but its phono stage doesn’t sound the same as my tube-based preamplifier”, it sounds more reasonable and interesting to me.

If it sounds like: “Devialet lets me down, because what I am looking for is the best analogue phono stage available on earth under the same chassis with the best high tech digital single platform”, the discussion will be misleading and much less interesting to me.

Imagine the following situation: One has got in his garage the best EV car available on the market that many other people want to have. That car performs very well almost on every aspects. When he bought it, his main focus was on the environment. Someday he heard somebody saying: “The EV car’s weakness is that it cannot make a roaring sound like a premium sport car”. He thinks: “It makes sense”. After this day, his main focus is placed on how to make his EV car roar like a sport car. And he forgets that he has one of the best EV car on earth.

Messages In This Thread
Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Confused - 28-Jul-2019, 10:21
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Greg - 21-Sep-2019, 22:35
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 23-Sep-2019, 22:34
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 27-Sep-2019, 11:24
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 10-Oct-2019, 23:52
Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Waiski - 19-Oct-2019, 17:38
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 19-Oct-2019, 18:05
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 11-Nov-2019, 16:24
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 17-Nov-2019, 01:50
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by f1eng - 17-Nov-2019, 17:14
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Hugh - 04-Apr-2024, 14:30