Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono stage hiss - Measurements
(19-Sep-2019, 13:06)Confused Wrote: A quick follow up on this thread.  I received an email from Mathieu Pernot today.  Apparently he has analysed the recording from my phono stage, but he is, to quote; "still waiting for similar recordings from the various gentlemen suffering from this issue." 

To further quote; "I'd like to compile results across as many users as possible."

I know that @thumb5 (Ian) has sent in his recording.  Is anyone else able to do this?  It would be great if we could get some more examples sent of to Mathieu.
I must confess, I have not yet sent a hiss recording to Mathieu and really should get it done, particularly as I was the very outspoken guest at the Oxford Audio Consultants day with Mathieu, and I was the one who raised the issue with him. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make this hiss recording other than it requires the use of the USB socket as an output and a laptop. I don’t own a laptop. I have a friend (he has no time for instruction of others) who I can confirm will record it when he’s next around. Of course, if anyone in the meantime can give me some instruction on how to do it (wife has a laptop I might be able to borrow and I have a Dropbox account) I’ll certainly get on with it. Any instructions will need to facilitate my digital Luddite ignorance, but, if laid out simply, I am able to follow and action on.

Of course, my other reason for being slow here is my own solution of using a Longdog Audio MCJ3 Hybrid Valve Phonostage into my D250 at line level which produces for me the very best sound presentation from vinyl. Unfortunately, Matieu’s view on this is what I have done is a ‘ridiculous’ solution. I don’t doubt his opinion, so probably all the more reason for me to get that recording sent off Wink
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.

Messages In This Thread
Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Confused - 28-Jul-2019, 10:21
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Greg - 21-Sep-2019, 22:35
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 23-Sep-2019, 22:34
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 27-Sep-2019, 11:24
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 10-Oct-2019, 23:52
Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Waiski - 19-Oct-2019, 17:38
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 19-Oct-2019, 18:05
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 11-Nov-2019, 16:24
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Finn - 17-Nov-2019, 01:50
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by f1eng - 17-Nov-2019, 17:14
RE: Phono stage hiss - Measurements - by Hugh - 04-Apr-2024, 14:30