Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Tube Phono Stages?
I was reading the July issue of Hifi news and record review at the weekend.  One thing that caught my eye, and made me think of this thread, was a review of the Pro-ject Tube Box DS2.  (Ken Kessler)

It received a "Sound Quality" score of 86%, which is quite high for HFN.  (the O'dA got 90%, for example)  The review was very positive, the summary as follows:

Here the verdict is fait accompli as I have been using the Tube Box DS2 for over a year as my budget reference phono amp.  It was enough that it handles two decks, has two outputs, and has adjustable loading to match any cartridge to cross my path.  Above all though, it is the sublime valve-y sound: it's an absolute knock-out, even proving itself in an uber-high-end £100k system with a £10k MC.  This is killer.

So, for those tempted to try the weird and wonderful world of tubes with a Devialet, it might be worth considering, and it looks a bit of a bargain at £549.  (I know someone who has just spent a little more than this on a new cable for his TT)

One thing that did concern me a little was a comment in the measurements section  The A-weighted S/N ratio depends on the gain setting and varies from 87.2 dB for MM down to 62.7 dB for MC, which is not great.  Definitely a try before you buy product I would say.

https://www.henleyaudio.co.uk/products/Tube-Box-DS2

https://www.henleyaudio.co.uk/_Assets/_m...2_July.pdf
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by Dev_Steve - 07-Oct-2019, 23:45
RE: Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by Greg - 08-Oct-2019, 19:48
RE: Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by Greg - 08-Oct-2019, 22:16
RE: Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by Axel - 06-Aug-2020, 11:30
RE: Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by Confused - 29-Jun-2020, 18:38
RE: Devialet and Tube Phono Stages? - by ogs - 30-Jun-2020, 10:43