Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with monitors getting into the 20+ hertz?
(10-Jan-2015, 00:14)audiophile911 Wrote: First post here!  I just ordered a D120 and plan on using it with my KefLS-50 (for now).  The D200 was out of my budget right now but I'm wondering if I should have waited and bought the D200?  My plan is to add a sub as I got the optional sub pre-out.

Hi Audiophile911 and welcome to the forum.

I would say the D120 will offer the same sound signature as a D200. For your KEF LS-50 it would be a perfect match especially with SAM and their will be enough juice for those brilliant speaker. I also imagine that this is an excellent system especially if your room size is not that big and of course adding a sub may help with some of the lower frequencies, though i have listened to the D120 with stand-mount speakers and it was powerful enough to rock small rooms.

As i see it, the only drawback for D120 is you have no option to expand the system by adding additional companion units, so in a way you are stuck with the D120. had you bit the bullet on a D200, it opens the way for future expansion to D400. but then again you may not require that if you stay with less demanding speakers and smaller rooms.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet with monitors getting into the 20+ hertz? - by amabrok - 10-Jan-2015, 08:08