Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
I recently had the fortune to try some different options in my lounge.
My current set up for my listening is as signature- Expert 220 pro and totem tribe towers.
We tried expert 440 pro.... not a huge improvement. I put this down to the already fantastic performance and size of my lounge and bay at the end behind my seat and the fact that I don’t need more grunt. It was better but not a huge amount and financially nowhere near worth doing imo.
I have had a 250 pro on loan for a few weeks previously and think this was probably a more worthwhile avenue to travel down having a better source and that copper case has to be worth having for the sonic improvement along with a much nicer remote!
So now we tried kudos super twenty A speakers with the 220.
My thoughts was that they were fuller sounding but a little bit slow and not as agile as the totems. 440 passive didn’t really improve things greatly.
So we tried them active in 440 configuration.
This was better and I could certainly live with them but the cost vs performance was not worth it compared to what I run. IMO anyway.
I did like the sound but I was expecting to get blown away by the sound and I wasn’t.
I put it down to not really needing more power and having a relatively narrow lounge that can’t really accommodate big floorstanding speakers. In a big room I think that this configuration could be really special as the bass was clean, tight and powerful especially.
So although we tried all that, we didn’t have a whole lot of time but it did make me realise how good my simple system currently is.
I have borrowed an audioquest Y powercord and this is a worthwhile improvement too. Am i right in thinking this is the best audioquest budget cord?
Any good audioquest speaker cable recommendations?
A huge thanks to Chris Fuller from HiddenSystems in Windsor for popping over to set all this up.
I can highly recommended him for any Devialet and hifi related advice and purchases.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI - by Ozzzy189 - 30-Oct-2019, 15:29