Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
I know this is an older thread. FWIW, I just auditioned the 440 Pro CI and the 250 Pro CI on B&W 802D3s. It was an easy swap and we primarily were streaming via Roon Nucleus+ to have a direct comparison. Both units were powered on around the same time and warmed up accordingly, only swapping speaker cables (Nordost Freys) between the units.

The 440 Pro CI definitely had the edge in terms of better control on the bottom ends and a little more fluidity and coherence on the upper end. The midranges were about equal on both Devs. I also think the 802s benefited from being driven from the monoblocks vs the single 250.

So it will depend on your overall system what you're trying to achieve, how much power your speakers will require to get the best out of them. I could still live happily with either but knowing the 440 is a great value compared to the equivalently priced 250, I'd choose that and not worry about needing anything beyond 440W/Ch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI - by sfdude - 11-Jan-2020, 19:33