Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
As mentioned before, the difference between single unit and coupled units ( wheather Expert 220/440 Pro or Expert 250/1000 Pro) depends mainly on what kind of speakers you use. If you have speakers with active base (Martin logans and so many others) the difference is far, far less than if you have more difficult speakers to drive and control. Those might benefit enormously from the extra unit and its power.

My advise would be to always test drive a set and then decide. I decided to not buy an extra unit but instead invest in far better speaker cables which brought me so much more than the extra unit did. In the end it is what you hear and what makes your boat float. Happy listening!

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI - by RvdH - 08-Jun-2020, 19:56