Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Gold with a Pair of Phantoms!
(24-Oct-2019, 12:13)ogs Wrote:
(24-Oct-2019, 07:54)Snoopy8 Wrote: Using UPnP to connect to the Golds, with BubbleUPnP on a Samsung tablet controlling the music from a NAS. BubbleUPnP also provides access to Tidal.  Running convolution DSP using Minimserver on an Intel NUC, which took the sound quality up another level.

Very nice and clean setup! Are you using PLC or ethernet for Golds? Is Tidal also run through convolution?
PLC. Dialog, Phantoms all on one power board/strip and have had no problems. And very intuitive of you to ask about Tidal. Unfortunately no convolution for Tidal using this setup. 

Convolution on Tidal can be done via Roon. I trialled Roon but was not convinced. Convolution on Roon took up at least double the CPU resources compared with MinimServer for the same convolution filters. No RAAT during trial but unless everyone here raves about RAAT when it comes (which I doubt!), I am unlikely to revisit Roon.

One more thing, I am still a light Tidal user, yet to learn the joys of exploring new acts, new songs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found Gold with a Pair of Phantoms! - by Snoopy8 - 24-Oct-2019, 13:24