Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220pro: n00b question on the DAC portion and Roon
(26-Oct-2019, 09:03)pvanosta Wrote: Foegive me if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I coujld not immediately find it.
I use Roon (music stored on NAS with Roon ROCK on a silent NUC).

If I connect to a Devialet 220pro via ETHERNET and use the Devialet as a Roon endpoint, will I be able to play DSD128 and DSD256 files?

Thanks for any insight you might have.
Yes you will, however, to my knowledge, the Devialets are able to go up to DSD64 using DoP. 

so with 128 and over, I suspect that Roon would decimate it and send it as PCM. You can try and see what is actually done by looking at the path in Roon. 

just between us, and irrespective of any debate of DSD vs PCM, since the internal architecture of the Devialet is heavily PCM based, a decimation has to occur somewhere in the chain, so if I were you, I would not pay much attention whether it is done in the Devialet itself or by Roon. 

My two cents,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220pro: n00b question on the DAC portion and Roon - by Jean-Marie - 26-Oct-2019, 10:21