Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220pro: n00b question on the DAC portion and Roon
(26-Oct-2019, 13:31)pvanosta Wrote: Thanks, for 20 or so albums, I would do the same most likely.
I have over 800 DSD and DSF albums, the vast majority are DSD64, so that's ok (assuming the Devialet as a Roon endpoint will accept the DSD64 signal via ethernet).

For the DSD128 (95) and DSD256 (16) albums I could either just keep the Auralic Vega G1 as a second Roon endpoint (expensive option for just a few albums) or have Roon or the Devialet do the conversion...
Even I you use your Auralic Vega G1 and enter the Devialet as analog, the first thing that the Devialet will do is to convert the analog in PCM at 96kHz or 192kHz, depending how you configure it. 

So since it needs to go to PCM anyway, the sooner the better and I cannot see how having an analog segment in the middle could be any better that doing the conversion directly in the digital domain, like Roon or the Devialet for up to DSD64 do. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220pro: n00b question on the DAC portion and Roon - by Jean-Marie - 26-Oct-2019, 17:13