Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(29-Oct-2019, 22:24)ragwo Wrote: If it's working without stability problems for him in the next weeks I might consider updating my speakers. Though I'll have to test the stability and sound quality of the toslink inputs before deciding.

Edit:
192/24 streaming is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
You have highlighted the 2 things that will determine whether I will upgrade now.  Stability of DOS2 and sound quality.  It is good to hear that BubbleUPnP will work with 192/24 and I am now focusing on whether MinimServer has been tested with DOS2 and whether it is stable.  After stability, sound quality is the next important thing; hate to find out that I have gone backwards with SQ after an update.

(29-Oct-2019, 23:09)JDtheJD Wrote: For the moment,  my system is sounding fine, and given that I didn’t notice any comment about room correction - barring some unequivocal improvement in sound quality vice convenience-  I intend to wait until either I get some reactor speakers, my Dialogue gives out, or DOS 1 is no longer supported.
There was a note that an equaliser is coming but I doubt room correction will ever come to the phantoms. There is no compelling reason for me to update to DOS2, so I may join you in waiting until Dialog dies or DOS1 is no longer supported.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united! - by Snoopy8 - 30-Oct-2019, 02:40