Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(30-Oct-2019, 02:40)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 22:24)ragwo Wrote: If it's working without stability problems for him in the next weeks I might consider updating my speakers. Though I'll have to test the stability and sound quality of the toslink inputs before deciding.

Edit:
192/24 streaming is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
You have highlighted the 2 things that will determine whether I will upgrade now.  Stability of DOS2 and sound quality.  It is good to hear that BubbleUPnP will work with 192/24 and I am now focusing on whether MinimServer has been tested with DOS2 and whether it is stable.  After stability, sound quality is the next important thing; hate to find out that I have gone backwards with SQ after an update.

(29-Oct-2019, 23:09)JDtheJD Wrote: For the moment,  my system is sounding fine, and given that I didn’t notice any comment about room correction - barring some unequivocal improvement in sound quality vice convenience-  I intend to wait until either I get some reactor speakers, my Dialogue gives out, or DOS 1 is no longer supported.
There was a note that an equaliser is coming but I doubt room correction will ever come to the phantoms. There is no compelling reason for me to update to DOS2, so I may join you in waiting until Dialog dies or DOS1 is no longer supported.

Sound quality is improved so much that my single Classic Phantom sounds MUCH bigger than usual. The soundstage is huge. Sound is very wide. Very open. A lot more composed. Everything sounds a lot more projected and actually spaced. I noticed it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united! - by kmjy - 30-Oct-2019, 05:13