Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(01-Nov-2019, 01:16)Eggman Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 19:03)hydr Wrote: I have 3x Gold and 4x White
2 Stereo connected to Apple TV in livingroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the office, 2 in the bed room connected with Optical for stereo to the TV and 1 in the bathroom.

Based on what I am reading, there are nearly no benefit for me upgrading to DOS2. I like spark, 24/192, playing music from any device and closing the app no problem. Stability is perfect because they are all wired to ethernet. I use optical for stereo on both TVs, and I often play in all rooms at the same time during parties etc and it works great.

DOS2 seems to bring a lot of downside to me, and hence I won´t upgrade until there are a lot more features including AirPlay 2 and multiroom setup, and hopefully an "spark" type library available.

Anyone else in my situation?

Don't "upgrade!" I just got off the phone with Devialet support, and they told me to hold off. I have 2 Gold + Dialog and a Classic in another room. Until they introduce multi-room functionality there is no point at all.
My wife and I own a number of Bose products throughout our house and their SoundTouch app really struggled initially maintaining a synchronous connection between all of the numerous devices and particularly when we would adjust the volume individually with a single device that was grouped. However, after about a year the app became rock solid stable. Not sure what specific improvements they made, but they worked! All of these devices are on a 5GHz network and none of them are wired and they work wonderfully. After hearing the gold phantoms in Paris a month ago we recognized the tremendous improvement in sound quality and simply had to have them! Hopefully in time Devialet will get the software issues figured out because their hardware really is terrific and there’s no reason they can’t accomplish what Bose did in terms of software.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united! - by T-Fury - 01-Nov-2019, 02:05