Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(03-Nov-2019, 06:54)pikachu Wrote: I spoke too soon, they’re still screwed up in stereo. They better push another update to fix this shit otherwise my speakers are going back to them as they’re still in warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was finally able to setup my optical connection through the dialog this weekend (HiFiBerry digi+ pro Roon bridge) and unfortunately the speakers continue to eventually lose their stereo sync. It was my hope that by inputting the optical signal via the dialog it would have been tasked with managing the stereo sync and the problem would disappear. In summary, this issue has persisted via WiFi, ethernet, and the dialog optical connection. I've pretty much tried everything that I can possibly do to try to resolve the issue. Fundamentally, it seems like it must be a problem at the software level that somehow involves maintaining the sync. It's interesting that only one other person seems to have the same issue. It's not a subtle problem so I think if more of you had the issue you would definitely notice. I took delivery of my golds about a week ago so I'm thinking I may just return them under the 14 day trial and reorder a new set with the old DOS (never thought I would have done that!). I've reached out and Devialet's technical team is examining the issue, but I'm not certain it's going to end up being a simple fix like pressing the power button a few times.

I absolutely love these things and the sound they produce when they're working. I like their elegant look and simplicity as a HiFi system, but in giving up racks of equipment you end up putting your trust in the company's hardware and software with the assumption that it will just work, because with an all in one setup like this you lose the ability to provide your own hardware and software support. Pros and cons to everything in life I guess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united! - by T-Fury - 03-Nov-2019, 16:50