Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2
(01-Nov-2019, 08:21)Jm93 Wrote: I wonder what difference in rms there is between the three. Especially now after the update. At 75% volume the Gold is definitely extremely loud. Two Classics at 75% would be absolutely perfect in the environment I will play music I believe. Plus the Gold looks a bit flashy in my opinion. What if devialet release a software upgrade for the Gold.. That would be frustrating if I do go for Classic.

The Gold is maxed out. There is more power in it to take it to 5000 watt but it is not necessary as the Gold is already king.

A single Classic on its own now is loud enough to hurt my ears at 100% volume. It didn’t do that before. It is loud enough that it gives off that live feeling, like a real projection of the sound image. The extra power really allows it to open up. The sound has never been so wide and accurate on a single speaker.

The other speakers won’t get power upgrades. The only speaker that has always been lacking compatibly has been the Classics. Starting at 750 watts. Then up to 1200 watts. Now 2000 watts. They’re finally in the same league as the Silver and Good. They certainly weren’t bad before, but now they’re able to comfortably sit beside Silvers and impress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2 - by kmjy - 01-Nov-2019, 08:26