Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner?
I am interested to hear about your experiences with Dialog after upgrading to DOS2. For some it might have become disposable but for my setup with 2x Phantom White (BT but no Airplay) it is still convenient to have around.

1) It gives me Airplay, which I use quite often 
2) It allows me to connect a turntable (optical), server (Ethernet) and Apple TV (Ethernet) at a different place connecting to the Phantoms via the Devialet WiFi or PLC
4) It allows me to take load off my WiFi Network

Especially regarding my fourth point I have not found any information. Is it still possible to route data from Dialog via PLC to the Phantoms (works perfectly for me in DOS1)? How is it presented in the new Devialet app? Do you get "three" devices or is there just one (Dialog). What about Airplay? How would you configure the devices features/options? What are available for Dialog? Which ones for Phantom? How would you configure UPnP in Dialog?

I really appreciate your insights.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner? - by seb - 31-Oct-2019, 16:01