Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner?
Hhm, it still it is not completely clear to me what kind of adjustments I can make within the new DOS2 regarding my network infrastructure. I have not seen any screenshots yet, so it is a bit difficult to understand. I do not want to upgrade before it is completely transparent what is actually happening.

So my prime question is:
Can I connect all devices with PLC (the Phantoms are in a stereo setup)? Phantom 1 (BT/PLC/WiFi) + Phantom 2 (BT/PLC/WiFi) + Dialog (Optical/Ethernet/WiFi/Airplay). My aim is to neither "stress" my home WiFi, nor to connect the Phantoms with Ethernet cables.

And linked to that:
Can Dialog become the UPnP renderer in such setup? Or would only the Phantoms show up and the music would the be sent via Wifi to the Phantoms (instead my current setup which is via Ethernet to Dialog from my server)? 

In addition to that:
I assume that Dialog will present itself as AirPlay device in my network (as in DOS1). I also assume that now BT can be password protected (which was not supported in DOS1)?

Thanks! I appreciate your input.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner? - by seb - 02-Nov-2019, 20:25