Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner?
Lightbulb 
(02-Nov-2019, 20:25)seb Wrote: So my prime question is:
Can I connect all devices with PLC (the Phantoms are in a stereo setup)? Phantom 1 (BT/PLC/WiFi) + Phantom 2 (BT/PLC/WiFi) + Dialog (Optical/Ethernet/WiFi/Airplay). My aim is to neither "stress" my home WiFi, nor to connect the Phantoms with Ethernet cables.

And linked to that:
Can Dialog become the UPnP renderer in such setup? Or would only the Phantoms show up and the music would the be sent via Wifi to the Phantoms (instead my current setup which is via Ethernet to Dialog from my server)? 

In addition to that:
I assume that Dialog will present itself as AirPlay device in my network (as in DOS1). I also assume that now BT can be password protected (which was not supported in DOS1)?
This is what I have read. DOS2 should not change your DOS1 setup and you can continue using the Dialog. With DOS2, UPnP will be enabled on Phantoms as well, so I assume there is an option to enable/ disable them and you can continue to use Dialog with UPnP. Similarly with Airplay. Have not heard about BT being password protected.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner? - by Snoopy8 - 03-Nov-2019, 10:37