Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner?
(03-Nov-2019, 18:55)vaguedetails Wrote: I updated everything, leaving the dialog to the end. The first Phantom updated and configured itself as a single device. I then went back to the card interface of the three devices detected (2 Phantom and Dialog) and trigger the update on the second Phantom. Once it had finished installing the firmware, but before the full process had completed, it asked if I wanted to set up a stereo pair with the first Phantom I had updated, which I said yes to. This finalized a stereo pair prior to updating the Dialog. I could have stopped there because everything was working.  I then updated the dialog. It now appears in a menu under my products, but it’s not part of the set up; unplugging it doesn’t affect performance.

I suppose at this point I should hard reset everything to see if all three devices hosting the updated firmware forge a different threefold connection, but given that the stereo image has improved greatly for me from DOS1 to DOS2 I’m hesitant to mess with it given some of the other issues users are reporting.

Unlike spark, there isn’t a means of turning upnp on or off. If you select it in the sources you get instructions only:

Bluetooth seems to need to be Activated every time you launch the app if it isn’t paired with something already. I activated, paired my phone, played some music, then disconnected, and the Phantom wasn’t available as an option from other devices. Not sure how secure it is: I don’t use Bluetooth regularly:

Thank you that was quite helpful, especially the Screenshots Smile . Are you able to change how the Phantoms communicate with each other in the App's the settings buttons ((WiFi, PLC)? What do the Dialog settings options look like (although it is not part of your configuration)?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner? - by seb - 03-Nov-2019, 19:51