Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet?
(06-Nov-2019, 23:36)alandbush Wrote: A reasonably considered observation, by raph972, of issues faced by the software team at Devialet.

However, to provide balance to the following quote.

(06-Nov-2019, 21:31)raph972 Wrote: What people don't seem to see is that the very same DOS2 that now powers their Phantom Premier is the very same OS that was released on Phantom Reactor without any of the issues or complaints that people seem to report with this migration.d

The Reactors were released back in November 2018 with DOS2 without stereo sync ability, much to the chagrin of most first time buyers.  Nor was there the equivalent of a Dialog unit for the Reactors.

In other words, the two major issues with DOS2 and Phantom Premiers could not happen with the Reactors.

Admittedly, stereo sync was eventually made available in March this year
Stereo for Reactors
but there were early teething problems and only recently, August, still reported issues
Reactors out of sync

Also, the number of owners also influences the number of complaints.  The Reactors are a year old and the Premiers 5 (?) years old.

(06-Nov-2019, 21:31)raph972 Wrote: What that means is that those issues (especially regarding stereo sync) will definitely be fixed with an upcoming release, that the foundation of DOS2 is way more solid than DOS1, that multi-room is definitely on the horizon, and one could even dream of mixed multi-channel setups with Premier and Reactor.

Hmm, not in my life time,  Angel  unless provided by third party software developers.
When it comes to the stereo on Reactor, at least they did not release an unfinished feature. Finally they assumed that it was not ready and that they should wait instead of pushing all the bugs onto their customers. Similarly, Apple introduced its HomePod without stereo support, and it took them months to deliver on that feature. You can imagine what Apple resources are in comparison to Devialet on such a product. This is definitely no easy stuff.

There will always be issues with such products, but I'd prefer to judge the company by how fast they address/fix them rather than the fact that such issues actually exist. Admittedly, Devialet has done really poorly on that matter so far, but I'm optimistic now that they really only have a single software product to deal with, which scope and feature set are more manageable.

And for your last remark, I said "one could even dream", so it's all in there Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet? - by raph972 - 07-Nov-2019, 17:55