Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
(28-Nov-2019, 17:17)Ryu79 Wrote:
(28-Nov-2019, 16:27)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: AFAIK the Golds have never seen a hardware revision. They shipped with AHD2 from the get go for instance.
thanks for the reply,  i'm just wondering why the Golds shipped out earlier would need a different FW version from the newer ones?  Technically if they are all the same HW they would require the same FW, no?  Maybe the Golds being shipped today have a newer chipset and/or controllers which require different FW?

Not sure, it seems like Devialet has been pretty conservative with firmware upgrades in the past. I'd say once new features or a critical patch are introduced, we'll get the update note, too. 

Right now there seem to be three DOS2 FWs in the wild, 2.8.1, 2.8.3 and 2.8.5—the latter being a hotfix version privately pushed to affected customers by Devialet. I'm not gonna be phased by it as my speakers are working wonderfully ever since I upgraded to DOS2 (beta) two weeks before the official release.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue - by DesertEagleAZ - 30-Nov-2019, 12:45