Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: SAM - impact on small speakers bass (i.e. KEF LS50)
A SAMed LS50 certainly has the bass power to fill a room, let's say about 13 x 15 foot, you will have no need for a subwoofer.

The LS50 is doing very well together with the Devialet, it has certainly it's reasons why the LS50 was under the very first SAMed speakers. It is an excellent speaker, don't mind the low price, by High End standards, a Devialet 200 is also ridiculous cheap, if you consider sound and it's possibilities.

Nevertheless I plead for the use of a subwoofer together with LS50.
A dsp controled subwoofer eliminates the room modes, once you heard this you won't step back. The LS50 can step in at about 80Hz. The now very small excursions of the loudspeaker cone will no more influect the mids. The active crossover of the Devialet gives you the almost unique possibility to do this. A well done LS50 / Subwoofer combination is hard to beat at any prices.

Who is listening in a room, is listening to the room. From genius partnership to vehement repulsion between speaker and room everthing is possible.

If you are a lucky guy and your room and the SAMed LS50 work together you will have a replay down to 28Hz and you will have no need for a subwoofer, speaker positioning naturally very important. The LS50 needs a lot of space behind her, then the 3D imaging is absolutly stunning. Don't make the mistake to place your Hifi rack between your loudspeakers, place it sideways.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Q: SAM - impact on small speakers bass (i.e. KEF LS50) - by beerman - 28-Dec-2014, 11:55