Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker
(19-Jan-2020, 21:49)NYant69 Wrote: Hey guys thru reading your feedback I believe I know why I haven’t been able to prevent access via Bluetooth.

I don’t have firmware 2.8.1 or 2.8.5, my unit was purchased 9 days ago and it came with firmware 2.8.0

When I loaded the iOS Devialet App and pressed the button to make sure I had the latest software and it said I did it just didn’t dawn on me that this would not concurrently make sure the speaker had the latest software as well.

So now my next step will be to get the Phantom up to date with the latest firmware.

So now how do I go about getting to the latest firmware? ?

Must I uploaded to the unit every update between 2.8.0 and 2.8.5 ? Or would just uploading 2.8.5 automatically get me from 2.8.0 to 2.8.5 ?

How many updates have there been from 2.8.0 to 2.8.5 ? Based on naming alone would lead me to believe 5.

And how are these updates even done ?

Sorry for any confusion,
Thanks again for your patience and help.

Hi @NYant69,

DOS 2.8 is the latest version, of which here are at least four patch release levels currently "out in the wild": 2.8.0, 2.8.1, 2.8.3 and 2.8.5.  It seems that the "latest" release for your Phantoms will depend on their exact hardware configuration (which varies constantly based on parts supply etc) and will be something only Devialet will know, users here on the board on each of the aforementioned four releases are reporting that their speakers see them as "latest".  Devialet controls the rules which define the "latest" release for a given configuration in their CMS and the user's app appears to check this every time it is started.  It further appears that updates are cumulative, in other words, 2.8.5 includes all the changes in 2.8.3, 2.8.1 etc. so you can "skip" versions when updating.  Devialet support is able to "push" specific versions if they know they solve a problem you have reported.  In practice this means they edit the rules for your specific speaker(s) in the CMS so they see that version as "latest" as well as sending a message to your app that lets it know there is something new.  You will then be prompted to download and install the update.

So rest assured that you are on the "latest" (generally available) version for your hardware as long as your app is telling you that is the case.  The next generally available version, which is expected to be pushed to all hardware versions, is 2.9.0 which is currently in beta 2 status.  However given Devialet's track record that means production release could be anything from a couple of weeks away to never.  I wouldn't sweat it that there are later patch releases available, if you are not experiencing problems then my advice would be to just sit pretty.  My Golds, now 3 years old, are both on 2.8.3 and performing fine, while others with 2.8.5 are experiencing problems I am not.  

Btw, you can tell the real age of your speakers, i.e. the actual date of manufacture, from the serial number.  The first letter is the year, where M is 2019, N is 2020 etc. and the next two digits are the week number.

Messages In This Thread
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by Bbnsound - 04-Dec-2019, 22:01
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 04-Dec-2019, 23:15
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by Oodle - 04-Dec-2019, 23:54
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 05-Dec-2019, 09:58
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 05-Dec-2019, 10:02
RE: DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by ogs - 18-Jan-2020, 22:53
RE: DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 20-Jan-2020, 09:45
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 21-Jan-2020, 11:38