Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker
(20-Jan-2020, 11:17)kantblue Wrote: Hi NYant69

Struts explanation is very good - my devialet app reports I have the latest version - in my case 2.8.1 but the implication on the DOS2 bluetooth help page is that all versions of DOS2 work the same way.

In your Devialet app do you have the BLUETOOTH>ACTIVATE button?

I have noted that a colleague with an Iphone who did once connect with bluetooth still sees the Phantom listed (even when its not ON!) which seems to be part of bluetooth itself. Of course he can't actually connect but the device remains listed.

Are you sure bluetooth is on if you remove the device from your phone/pc and rescan without activating it in the Devialet app?

kantblue

PS I'm not sure as I'm not a bluetooth fan, but it seems to be that the Phantom bluetooth might always be ON but is only discoverable/connectable during the brief ACTIVATION period - a bit like hiding the SSID for WIFI. I'm not sure if there are bluetooth scanners out there that can detect and connect to these devices. Certainly if this is the case then a Bluetooth password would be preferred!
Struts and KantBlue thank you both for your help. I reached out to Devialet to please help me update the firmware to a point where the option to make Bluetooth discoverable with a button exist and they did reply quickly but not to my specific request but more of a general response. 

From what I believe if my firmware is 2.8.0 then my Phantom came with DOS 2 on it out of the box. But yet Devialet sent me an email with a link explaining the pros and cons of migrating to DOS 2 and how if I chose to do so I would need to first have had Spark connected to my speaker via DOS 1. But this does absolutely nothing for me if my unit came with DOS 2 installed. 

I have never been able to use the Spark app or the Phantom app and I suspect its because I have DOS 2 which the Spark and Phantom don’t work with. If this is the case why in the world would a Devialet rep send me the info to migrate ???

Or am I off some how ?

All I want is to be able to prevent anyone from connecting to my Phantom via Bluetooth!

Messages In This Thread
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by Bbnsound - 04-Dec-2019, 22:01
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 04-Dec-2019, 23:15
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by Oodle - 04-Dec-2019, 23:54
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 05-Dec-2019, 09:58
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 05-Dec-2019, 10:02
RE: DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by ogs - 18-Jan-2020, 22:53
RE: DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by NYant69 - 21-Jan-2020, 03:01
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker - by struts - 21-Jan-2020, 11:38