Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Absolute Sound disects SAM
(05-Dec-2019, 10:06)Pim Wrote: It's a lot more noticeable on stand mounts David. The bass goes deeper(Lower in frequency) but not louder.

I used it with a stand mount, the Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SEs I was using before I swapped to Focal Sopra 2s, and I've used it with the Sopras. I actually find the change that concerns me, the hardening of tonal character I mentioned above, is more noticeable with the Sopras, I can't recall noticing it with the Contours. I also think it became more noticeable after the CI board upgrade to my then 130 so I wonder if there was something in the change in the OS when we got the CI board which had an effect on SAM in some way, did they change something which interacts with SAM in some way?

I think there is an increase in loudness as the % setting increases but I also think that there may well be a reinforcement of our perception of lower frequencies when their phase angle is more closely matched to the phase angle of their overtones and it's possible that what I'm hearing is partly a result of low fundamentals being more in phase with their higher frequency overtones.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Pim - 05-Dec-2019, 04:51
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 10:00
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Pim - 05-Dec-2019, 10:06
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by David A - 05-Dec-2019, 10:25
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 11:20
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 14:15
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Stino - 10-Jan-2020, 17:48
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by chrisc - 19-Jan-2021, 14:45
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Delija - 20-Jan-2021, 02:15