Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Absolute Sound disects SAM
(05-Dec-2019, 10:17)David A Wrote: This isn't because I think SAM doesn't work or anything like that, I think it works and I am using it at the moment but I have real difficulties with the % setting. Currently I have it set to 0% because I find that even setting to as low as 10 to 15% with my speakers in my room results in tonal changes which cause a hardening to the bottom of the female vocal range and below which I don't like. I'd like to know why I hear that even with a very low % setting but I have no problems with that kind of tonal shift when I set the % to 0%.

My experience is that understanding what's going on with something can often help you to use it more effectively and get better results. I'd like to understand what's causing that tonal shift I hear and the only thing i can think of which would do it is that the % setting is applying a boost to the signal level over a range of frequencies and I'd like to be able to understand what the "shape" of that boost is and  how it varies as I change the % setting and as I change my volume setting.

Your issue may be relating to this bug for current firmware + SAM + tone adjustment: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-DOS-2-2-4.

Did you ask your questions to Devialet team?

Messages In This Thread
The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Pim - 05-Dec-2019, 04:51
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 10:00
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Pim - 05-Dec-2019, 10:06
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 11:20
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by daniel.avasilichioaei - 05-Dec-2019, 12:03
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by ogs - 05-Dec-2019, 14:15
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Stino - 10-Jan-2020, 17:48
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by chrisc - 19-Jan-2021, 14:45
RE: The Absolute Sound disects SAM - by Delija - 20-Jan-2021, 02:15