Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roon basic setup recommendation.
(10-Dec-2019, 11:27)eladeb Wrote: Thanks,
so basically the cubox dont give me an extra features since my LTop goin to be hidden and connected directly to my tv via hdmi.
so i can control music via a Remote mouse app or roon remote android/iphone.
the only missing part is the SPDIF connection to the LT.
but as i understand i cant stream more than 16bit ether way (with roon) so the spdif is a bit useless in this scenario streaming 16bit work great with wifi.
or i missing something in the setup?

(BTW is any of you using one of the roon DSP configuration?)

The extra functionality the Cubox offers is an optical connection to the Phantom (for hi res streaming) that is physically separate to your Roon Core.  If 1. you can find a suitable interface box (per @thumb5's suggestions above) with USB input and Toslink (optical) output and can connect your Laptop running the Roon Core directly to one of the Phantoms and 2. this is placement feasible in your domestic environment then the Cubox is superfluous.  

A Toslink connection from your Roon Core (laptop) or a Roon Bridge (like a Cubox) to your Phantom will allow you to stream hi res material up to 24/192 via Roon.  This is the only way I am aware of to achieve the combination of Roon/Phantom/hi res until Devialet implement RAAT support in Phantom.

I am using Roon DSP to perform sample rate conversion to DSD.  I haven't really played with any of the other functions.

Messages In This Thread
roon basic setup recommendation. - by eladeb - 05-Dec-2019, 18:08
RE: roon basic setup recommendation. - by midi - 06-Dec-2019, 20:29
roon basic setup recommendation. - by struts - 09-Dec-2019, 05:44
RE: roon basic setup recommendation. - by struts - 11-Dec-2019, 14:43
roon basic setup recommendation. - by struts - 28-Dec-2019, 10:51