Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
standalone, fire-and-forget web radio and DOS2
So I called Devialet. The next items on the App/OS development list are multi-room capabilities and an equaliser, which I assume many people are waiting for. Sadly, re-integrating a web-streaming client (web-radio is just web-streaming, after all; you could be streaming from your own server) is not on the list at present.

So if you want this, do like me and call them, so that we can create an incentive to bring this feature back.

NB: they first tried to explain to me the rationale why they ditched all streaming services (so that the experience they offer is not dependent on some other companies maintaining access compatibility) but kept Spotify (they use their own protocol that don't need credentials). Don't let that deter you. It still means they integrated some sort of Spotify client in the current OS, and if they do that they can do the same with web streaming, since it's a well-documented, open protocol that is also not dependent on one company to be useful (and doesn't need credentials).

Messages In This Thread
RE: standalone, fire-and-forget web radio and DOS2 - by yepyepyep4711 - 04-Jan-2020, 16:22