Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypex /other alternative to expert d200?
I went through a few alternatives before the Devialet.

From: NAD C390DD - based on the Zetex DDFA "Direct Digital" tech which some call a PWM power DAC, similar to the M2 and M32 and M51 DAC - Sounded amazing for the money, far better than the mid-range class AB amps I used before.

To: NAD C390DD as Pre-DAC with an M22 as Power Amp - An improvement, the M22 Hypex NCore amp was better in every way, most noticeably sweeter highs, more airy, more control, more detail. Big differences even with the same Direct Digital DAC as before.

To: Devialet 250 Pro - Overall more refined sound, even more detailed, more controlled bass, sweeter.

All systems benefit from an external USB-to-SPDIF converter, as my source is a PC. The Devialet has a great built-in streamer, and needs a really good external source to sound better.

The M33 with the successor to Hypex NCore sounds interesting, but coming from the M22 which was Hypex based, I prefer the more refined sound of the Devialet Pro.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypex /other alternative to expert d200? - by hardcore - 11-Jan-2020, 11:26