Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(27-Jan-2020, 19:47)struts Wrote:
(27-Jan-2020, 08:13)Pim Wrote:
(26-Jan-2020, 06:10)awkaplan Wrote: I like some of the wishful thinking here, but just know that I'm done.  I'm not just moaning, I'm done.  I'm absolutely done.  And if you pump another dollar into this company, you're supporting...I can't even look at my Expert anymore.

Interesting post @awkaplan. You haven't had yours for very long yet so I'm trying to gauge where you're coming from.

1. Are you disappointed with the unit that you bought? Is it not working to your satisfaction? Is the sound quality just not up there? Is the streaming function unreliable?

2. Did you think when you bought it that there were going to be all kinds of updates of the firmware that were going to make the Expert the ultimate integrated that would forever be ahead of the competition?

3. Are you a tinkerer that just can't get satisfaction out of the Expert because there's not enough to tinker with?

If the answer is either 2 or 3 I wouldn't be too quick to replace your Expert. Have a good look around. Even though Devialet have been sitting on their hands for a few year on the Expert, I think they're still way ahead of anything in their price class.

I agree @Pim.  The grass is always greener..

While it is fair to say that I am also left feeling a little bit miffed by the Core Infinity "bait and switch" I have to concede that I have received more upgrades, hardware and software, to what I originally purchased as a D-Premier than pretty much all the other hifi products I have ever owned put together.  Yes, some of these were paid for, but many were not.   

Keeping the faith - for the moment..

---

Moment of frustration.  The equipment is gorgeous, but this new partnership with Belkin or whoever, moving into Magnolial...look on LinkedIn, check out the tenure of many in the company.  Of the 310 people with LinkedIn profiles, 195 have been with the company 1-2yrs.  56 less than a year.  That's a churn. 

@Pim The sound?  I like it, but I really don't know any better.  I like the glissine quality that remains even if you lay down a new mains cable that fills out the bottom-end.  It's polite.  But it's become a bit fatiguing recently. 

So is this sort of an ad-hominem complaint?  Yeah.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - by awkaplan - 28-Jan-2020, 06:06