Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(29-Jan-2020, 22:15)thumb5 Wrote: @struts , @JFX - just saw you both mentioned Ktêmas - I'd love to hear a pair of those driven by a 1000, having fallen in love with the Accordos a few years ago.

@thumb5, you should!  IMHO it is one of those rare "charmed" combinations that works particularly well.  I have also listened fairly extensively to a pair of Accordos driven by a 220 and been similarly impressed.  

Something that maybe played a big part in my decision was a picture published by a quite renowned Chinese audiophile from a visit to Serblin's studio about 10 years ago where Franco's own Ktêmas are shown being driven by D-Premier perched atop an Esoteric transport hinting that the D-Premier was either used in the development of the Ktêmas or just used for listening pleasure - or both!  That image just haunted me.  I saved a copy of it somewhere (unfortunately I can only find a very lo res version online).

Suffice it to say, if you ever find yourself in the frozen north you know whom to PM!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - by struts - 29-Jan-2020, 22:58