Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(29-Jan-2020, 23:31)thumb5 Wrote: [Going further off topic because no moaning involved...quite the opposite]

@struts, that's a great story.  I've been a fan of Serblin-designed speakers for many years but when I retired my Guarneri Homage there was nothing in the then-current Sonus Faber range that did the job quite as well (for me).  The Accordos were great with my 400 as it was then, I think, and benefited enormously from SAM.  In the end I plumped for a pair of Kaiser Chiaras which I'm very pleased with (I chose them because they have a bit more whack than the Accordos and worked very well without SAM, so felt a bit more "future proof").  Actually I think the Ktêmas might be a bit much for my 6 x 4 m living room but apart from that they're definitely "on the list" if I ever get the urge to change speakers again.  And thanks for tantalising me...who knows where my travels might take me?
 [Continuing OT 'cause it's fun]

@thumb5 how funny.  Just about the only speakers that have really tempted me since I bought the Ktêmas were a pair of Kaiser Kaweros I heard at a show.  Amazing setup where they had put a lot of effort into room treatment and it had really paid off.  Then one of the local dealers here got a pair as a trade in and they've been sat there on his website for over a year at less than half of list just mocking me.  Sorely tempted but they are in piano black which the BOSS has rejected out of hand.  Plus it might have turned out to be a sideways move, or even a bad one.  Who knows?  Pretty happy where I am, but it is still funny how great minds think alike..

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - by struts - 29-Jan-2020, 23:48