Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoder or render.setting phantom in audirvana and roon
That's probably not a bad analysis. Like you, I'd rather have lossless 24/96 than MQA's version of 24/96 but, having said that, I do think that having Roon do the first unfold on a Tidal MQA stream does sound slightly better than Tidal's 16/44.1 lossless CD quality streams. Until Qobuz comes to Australia and I can get lossless 24/96 streaming, I'm stuck with Tidal's MQA version of 24/96 but if Qobuz comes to Australia at a reasonable price I suspect I'll be jumping from Tidal to Qobuz very quickly and forgetting about MQA entirely, apart from the single album I've bought as a download which came with MQA coding.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decoder or render.setting phantom in audirvana and roon - by David A - 25-Jan-2020, 21:03