Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
TV -> toslink -> Phantom: contrôle sound
(22-Jan-2020, 09:29)theshur Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.
I resume in order:

The synchronization option on the appleTV allows you to synchronize airplay video between the appleTV and a smartphone. Sync shifts are not the same between an iPhone and a phantom speaker. And we are talking about a different sync, once it is the ATV receives the signal (iPhone to ATV) and in my case it is the ATV which sends to the speakers. This parameter therefore does not concern my scenario.

Activating the optical audio output + internal speaker of the TV is not advised by Devialet and rightly so (there is necessarily a difference between the two) and my goal is to use 100% phantoms. And above all it does not solve my remote control problem.

I want to keep my ATV, I use airplay a lot from my tablet / smartphone and we work 100% iOS at home.

In summary, my only means seems to be Airplay, if I want to be able to control the sound with the ATV remote control.

I'm going to get into some tests.

++ §hu

(traduction by google)
The sync option in Apple TV settings is using the mic of the iPhone to control when the sound actually arrives (you have to hold it close to the screen). This data then is used to adjust the audio/video signal for lip-sync. The other variable here is that the Apple TV Remote can control the volume of a TV (it can learn the infrared code), but it also controls AirPlay volume. It depends on your TV what it can/should and cannot do (e.g. switching to an external speaker thereby not using the internal speakers). So there are indeed some options, depending on the setup.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TV -> toslink -> Phantom: contrôle sound - by seb - 22-Jan-2020, 13:35