Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No wifi, no plc after upgrading to dos 2
Hi,
After upgrading to DOS 2 (in retrospect, a very bad decision) my two Gold Phantoms have no wifi, only ethernet works (no plc doesn't work). When the network cables are disconnected, the Phantoms are gone and every setup ends with the same 'mayday'-message. Yes, I have reset them numerous times and listened to all funny noises they make too many times during the last two weeks

I have no idea where the problem lies and Devialet support has run out of solutions after several long phone calls. They now say that it's a bandwith issue related to my new Ubiquiti Amplifi router and suggested that I should use a different phone (Iphone instead of android). I doubt that that's the problem since I have they same issue with the other routers I tested: my old Linksys ea9600 and a newish TPlink archer C9. Three different routers -- all of them provide fine wifi for laptops, tablet and phones -- and every Phantom setup without e-net ends with 'mayday'. To me, this sounds like a problem with Phantoms, not with my network.

I suspect that something happened when the upgrade of the first Phantom stalled during the installation - stuck at 96 % for more than a day before Devialet support asked me to restart the app - and my questions are related to this: is there a way to test the Phantoms' wifi connections? Or may reset the wifi on the Phantoms? And, if nothing else works, is it possible to reinstall the upgrade to DOS 2? Any help to solve this truly annoying tech problem is much appreciated.

Firmware v 2.8.5

TIA/DL

Messages In This Thread
No wifi, no plc after upgrading to dos 2 - by Dling - 26-Jan-2020, 18:30